2019 Parity Certification
Participate in the short preselection questionnaire that will take you only a few minutes to find out if you qualify to participate in Gender Parity certification :
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATIONS THIS AUTUMN!
31 Parity certified organizations in 2018
What is the Parity Certification?
The Women in Governance Parity Certification serves to help Canadian organizations increase the representation of women in roles where women have historically been underrepresented and in senior management positions. This innovative standard not only assesses parity at the decision-making level of organizations but also assesses the organization’s commitment to the implementation of mechanisms that enable women at all levels of the organization’s hierarchy to achieve career advancement and create a pipeline of female talent.
The Parity Certification Committee thoroughly researched trends across sectors when developing the certification criteria, which allows the certification to be applicable to all large businesses. Further, the questionnaire was built with the support of McKinsey & Company in collaboration with human resources senior management representatives and the support of the Quebec Order of Certified Human Resources Professionals (CRHA).
This timely and relevant initiative received outstanding feedback and presents a unique opportunity for organizations that want to engage and integrate the equity dimension into their human resources strategy, and have their actions recognized and validated by an independent third party.
In 2017, this certification was available to organizations in Quebec with over 400 employees. In 2018 the scope of the certification has been expanded and all Canadian organizations with over 400 employees are eligible to participate regardless of the location of their headquarters or board of directors.
Our 4 certification levels
The implementation of a parity certification :
- Raises organizations’ awareness about the importance of gender equality and that gender diversity provides a broader range of talent and improves business agility.
- Raises senior executives’ awareness about the positive impact of diversity, including the presence of women in decision-making bodies, financial performance, branding and corporate culture.
- Encourages women to develop their leadership skills, further their careers and aspire to become board members.
- Includes men of all levels in the journey so that they also feel invested rather than simply bystanders.
The parity certification evaluates :
Governance & Vision (Strategy) – To be certified on this dimension, a company must demonstrate that, through their policies and practices, their strategic direction and key decision-making is inclusive of a progressively equitable representation of women to men. Further the company must demonstrate their commitment to achieving parity by setting clear objectives. Finally, they must also demonstrate the intention to sustain parity through policies and practices that are building a pipeline of female talent.
Collective Enablers (Actions) – To be certified on this dimension, a company must demonstrate that the practices, programs and actions are geared to facilitating the progress towards equitable representation of women at all levels of the company, until parity is achieved and sustained.
Equity (Results) – To be certified on this dimension, a company must demonstrate that the outcome of its strategy and actions in the area of gender equality results in progression towards equity or parity in the distribution of women to men in the hierarchy of the company, promotion and hiring and that women at the same level are on average earning a salary equitable to men.
Follow this link to have a look at the Webinar «Parity in our organizations: What measures translate into meaningful results?» :
Pricing for a single province certification application is $3000, and national certification is $5000.
These fees cover the following :
- Access to the questionnaire
- Evaluation of the questionnaire to determine whether you are eligible for bronze, silver, gold or platinum certification. Note: Participation in the questionnaire does not guarantee that you will be eligible for certification. However, you will have access to all the services included in the fees.
- A personalized report on your status that allows you to compare your position to that of your industry, other participating organizations and your position relative to the other levels of certification.
- Participation in an HR forum in order to share best practices
Please note the following important elements :
- The period to submit your application for certification is from March 8, 2018 to June 30, 2018 at 5:00pm EDT. After this time, the system will be closed and no further changes can be made to a submission.
- he evaluation period for all bids starts July 1, 2018 and participating organizations will be notified of their status by the end of August.
- As of September 2018, organizations may display their banners and an electronic signature announcing their certification.
- The Annual Recognition Gala will take place on September 11, 2018 at Palais des Congrès and later in Toronto (date TBD).
We hope your organization will be among the certified organizations in 2018!
For more information about parity certification,
please send an email to:
For more information about the gala (tickets, tables or sponsorships),
please contact us at: